An online wine tasting is the perfect antidote to endless virtual pub quizzes. Gather your team for an evening with our resident sommeliers to learn about some delicious wines in an approachable way.
All you need to do is assemble a team of wine lovers, choose from a variety of themes and we’ll send a selection of wine samples, tasting notes and a flavour chart to your door ready for a live Zoom tasting with our Sommeliers.
Alternatively, our Christmas tasting kit makes the perfect gift package for staff and clients, allowing them to discover some fabulous new wines at their own pace.
Online Wine Tasting Themes
- Go traditional and festive with ‘The Christmas Selection Box’ (featuring samples of 11 wines and 1 cocktail this is the ultimate Christmas Party option)
- Put your palate to the test with ‘Blind Wines – Winter Edition’
- Discover hidden local gems with ‘English Wines’
- Explore environmentally friendly winemaking with ‘Sustainable Wines’
Prices start from £45 per address with samples suitable for couples or households of four as well as individual participants. Check out the full details below and contact email@example.com to book your tasting experience today!
For Sommelier led tastings, we require a minimum booking of 14 tasting cases per session (although we can be a little flexible on this and adjust our price to reach our minimum spend). If you have fewer than 14 participants or you’d like to do the tasting without the guidance of our Sommeliers, we can also send our Christmas tasting package for you as a ‘Gift Package’ to conduct a self-guided tasting.
We are running tastings every Thursday and Friday until 18th December between 6-8pm but can arrange other times and dates to suit you.
EACH ADDRESS RECEIVES
- 6 x 100ml samples in our ‘Taste Tubes’ or 6 x 200ml microbottle samples of themed wines (12 tasting samples provided for the ‘Christmas Selection Box’ tasting).
- Tasting Mat
- Glossary of wine terms
- Flavour Chart
- Live Online Wine Tasting experience with a Guest Sommelier via Zoom OR short video recording introducing the wines as the Christmas Selection Box Gift Package offer.
- Up to 2 hours tasting with our Guest Sommelier (let us know if you want a shorter session and we’ll make sure our Somms pick up the pace!).
- We’d advise 1 case per participant. The taste tubes can provide 2 x 50ml samples and the microbottles 4 x 50ml samples, perfect for sharing with another member of the household if they want to join in the fun
- International delivery available to include teams and colleagues from around the world, but mainly focussing on Europe due to lead times and tax/duties.
Cost per 100ml/200ml sample case with Sommelier Zoom (excluding VAT & Delivery)
- Christmas Selection Box: £90/£145 (12 samples) – £1260/£2,030 for 14 participants
- Blind Wines: £50/£90 (6 samples) – £700/£1260 for 14 participants
- English Wines: £45/£78 (6 samples) – £540/£1,092 for 14 participants
- Sustainable Wines: £50/£62 (6 samples) – £700/£868 for 14 participants
Cost per 100ml sample case WITHOUT Sommelier Zoom (excluding VAT & Delivery)
- Christmas Selection Box: £75 (12 samples) – £1,050 for 14 participants
We do the tastings via Zoom. The wines should arrive no later than the day before and your Zoom link is sent to each participant in a memo. We also can send a follow-up memo with pictures and links to the bottles with a 10% discount off purchase. Our Guest Sommelier will be your host, sometimes backed up by a co-host depending on the scale of the group.
Erica, Julie, Nico and Neil are our go to hosts; you can find out more about them on the Borough Wines Instagram highlights.
We require all bookings to provide the following details for each participant at least 10 working days in advance (15 working days notice minimum required for international participants):
- Postal address (searchable on Sat Nav)
- Email address
- Contact number
- Instructions for delivery (nominated safe place for parcel should the participant not be at home at the time of delivery)
We require prepayment for all events. This is best done via invoice/BACS transfer. Over the phone is possible.
U.K.: £5-6 per case (tracked and signed for via Hermes)
International: let us know the destination and we’ll get you a quote.
Disclaimer: all the above is subject to change should that be required, but this is the general format.
We hope you will join us for an Online Wine Tasting this festive period!