Office Supplies Terms & Conditions
Office Supplies is a drinks subscription specifically designed for businesses. Although the concept is straight-forward enough, we hope to underline our commitment to great service with these Terms and Conditions. These may be updated from time to time, but we will inform you of any changes.
- "Buyer", "company", "customer" or "you" means the individual or organisation who buys or agrees to buy the Goods from the Seller;
- "Goods" means the articles that the Buyer agrees to buy from the Seller;
- "Seller", "Borough Wines", "we" or "us" means Borough Wines Retail Ltd. of 163 Stoke Newington Church Street, London, N15 0UL that runs the Office Supplies service.
- "Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this agreement and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller;
- "Working days" mean all days, except Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- "Office Supplies Case" means a mixed case of beer or wine whose contents change on a monthly basis. It includes A Case of Craft Beer, The Wine Enthusiast and The Wine Explorer
- "Office Supplies" or "Office Supplies subscription" means your long-standing agreement to receive an Office Supplies Case, and comes with numerous perks.
- Office Supplies
- An Office Supplies subscription is a regular delivery of your choice of wine or beer case, the contents of which changes on a monthly basis, as selected by a member of our team. It will be delivered to your office on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis, depending on your preference. Office Supplies has three cases whose contents change on a monthly basis. They include:
- Case of Craft Beer (24 cans/bottles of beer per case)
- The Wine Enthusiast (6 bottles of wine per case)
- The Wine Explorer (6 bottles of wine per case)
- Perks: Office Supplies comes with several benefits to your company, outlined in more detail in Clause 4. Briefly, they include:
- Free local delivery on a mutually agreed Friday
- A discount of 5%-10% relative to our shop prices
- Staff discounts at all Borough Wines & Beers stores (excluding spirits, sundries and Borough Wines concessions)
- Direct access to our Drinks Concierge
- Office Supplies Top-Ups and Drinks on Demand
- Office Supplies Top-Ups refers to drinks that fall outside your normal Office Supplies Subscription. You need to place this order in advance by contacting our Drinks Concierge and it will be delivered with your next Office Supplies Case free of charge. This is useful for special occasions, for when you need that birthday champagne or for big parties and celebrations. This carries several advantages:
- 10% discount on all beers and wines (excludes spirits, refills and sundries)
- Free delivery (as long as it falls on the same day as your scheduled Office Supplies delivery (as outlined in Clause 6.4)
- Complimentary Drinks Concierge to help you make a good choice, whatever the budget or occasion.
- 10% discount on all beers and wines (excludes spirits, refills and sundries)
- Special delivery price of only £5 (as outlined in Clause 6.5). We will get the drinks to you as soon as possible, usually within two hours, using one of our courier partners
- Complimentary Drinks Concierge to guide and help you make a good choice for whichever occasion
- Office Supplies comes with several perks. These are valid from the moment we open an account for you or your company and terminate when you/your company or Borough Wines cancel the agreement. After a period of 6 months on our regular Office Supplies subscription, you may pause your subscription for up to two months and still receive these perks. If you pause Office Supplies for longer than three months we will cancel our agreement as well as the perks associated with it. These perks are:
- Free Delivery: as stated in Clause 5, Office Supplies comes with free delivery within the following postcodes: N1, N5, N7, N16, NW1, NW5, W1, WC1, WC2, E1, E2, E5, E8, E9, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, SE1
- Discounts: your Office Supplies Cases come with a discount of around 5%-10%. As each month’s selection is different but offered to you at a constant price, the value of the discount may fluctuate
- Staff Discounts in-store: all your team members have a 10% discount in our Borough Wines & Beers stores. To get the discount, they merely need to state the name of your company and they will get the 10% discount. This discount is only applicable for wines and beers (excludes spirits, refill wines and sundries), may not be added to other discounts, and is also not applicable in any concessions of Borough Wines.
- Drinks Concierge: Our Drinks Concierge is there to help you discuss your choice of drinks for your Top-Ups, Drinks on Demand or any other situation. The Drinks Concierge can be contacted via email or phone; the service is available Monday-Friday, 10:00 – 17:00. Requests outside these hours will be dealt with as soon as possible on the next day.
- You can order Office Supplies on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis, depending on how big, hard-working and thirsty your team is. To keep things simple, we will invoice you and take payment only once per month.
- Payment for Office Supplies subscription is taken in advance of the service. Once set up, our payment system will automatically debit your account for the agreed amount each month. However, we will still notify you before each payment is scheduled to avoid unexpected deliveries.
- We will take payment for the upcoming month in the preceding week. As an example, we will take payment for April’s Office Supplies during the last week of March.
- You will receive a reminder email informing you of the upcoming month’s Office Supplies two weeks before the beginning of the month. You then have 5 working days to cancel or pause your upcoming month’s subscription. To do this, respond to our reminder email to let us know that you wish to pause your subscription. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we don’t hear from you, we will assume that you are happy with the subscription, take payment and deliver your box on the next scheduled time.
- We will send you an email to acknowledge the order. As this order goes beyond your regular subscription, we will take payment via phone straight away.
- A Top-Up (non-urgent delivery) will be delivered free of charge on your next scheduled delivery
- Drinks on Demand can be delivered within two hours for a special delivery fee of £5
- Geography: Office Supplies comes with free delivery within central London, in the following postcodes: N1, N5, N7, N16, NW1, NW5, W1, WC1, WC2, E1, E2, E5, E8, E9, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, SE1
- Timings: Delivery of office supplies happens on a Friday, between 9:00 and 15:00.
- Bank Holidays: Deliveries won’t fall on bank holidays; instead, we will deliver the wine on the preceding working day
- Frequency of delivery: It is up to you to request a chosen Friday (in line with the frequency of your Office Supplies Subscription). As a guide we suggest that
- Monthly deliveries will take place on the last Friday of the month
- Fortnightly deliveries will take place on the second and last Friday of the month
- Weekly deliveries will take place every week
- If you have special requests regarding deliveries, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your wishes.
- Quality: We aim to offer a consistently high standard of quality in the goods we offer in our Office Supplies cases, as well as the service we provide. However, as wine and beer are natural products, sometimes these fall below our standards:
- Faulty goods: If you think a wine is corked or otherwise damaged, please email us (email@example.com) and keep the wine as proof. We will replace the bottle on your next delivery
- Unusual goods: As we deal with many smaller/craft producers, and champion Natural, Organic and Biodynamic producers, some of our beers and wines are stylistically different from the mainstream, mass-market products found in many supermarkets. These often have interesting flavour profiles quite unlike most commercial wines; this may be a result of many factors, such as the action of wild yeast. The bottles may also present a sediment, or be slightly cloudy. We will explain these features in our tasting notes. However, Borough Wines will only refund products that are faulty, not ones which are merely stylistically unusual.
- We won't sell alcoholic beverages to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. By placing an order for Office Supplies you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are serving wine or beer bought through Office Supplies to anyone under the age of 18, then you or your company is breaking the law and are subject to the consequence. Borough Wines will not accept liability for this breach; they are your responsibility.
- Our couriers will request ID if the recipient of the Office Supplies Case is deemed to be under the age of 18. If the recipient is unable to produce valid identification, then our courier will leave the Office Supplies Case with your alternative address or deliver it the following week
- We will inform you via email before each month’s subscription, to remind you of the upcoming offer and confirm payment. You have 5 working days to inform us of a cancellation – otherwise we will assume that you are happy with the agreement and charge your account for the wines you are about to receive.
- You may pause your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 5 working days before the start of the month, or in response to our reminder email (as stated above under Clause 4). Please call 020 8988 3157 or notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account will remain active for up to two consecutive months. If you pause a third month in a row we will terminate your account until further notice.
- To terminate your Office Supplies Subscription permanently you must call us on 020 8988 3157 or notify us by email on email@example.com or in writing to Borough Wines Retail Ltd, Unit B01 Leyton Industrial Village, London, E10 7QP
- If some or all the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered you should notify us as soon as possible. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for a refund or replacement.
- All refunds, replacements and reimbursements will be processed within 30 days of us receiving notification.
- If you wish to return an Office Supplies Case for any reason, you must do so before the month is over. A handling charge of £15 will be payable, and we will only reimburse you for the Office Supplies Case if all the goods are undamaged.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- Borough Wines reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions. We will inform you of this when it happens.
- These terms and conditions are supplementary to Borough Wines General Terms and Conditions, which can be found here: boroughwines.co.uk/terms-conditions
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction. Here are our details should you want to contact us:
- Borough Wines Retail Ltd Unit B01, Leyton Industrial Village, London E10 7QP
- Tel: 020 8532 8588
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there a minimum subscription or can I buy just one case?
You can buy just once case and see how it goes. The first case of Office Supplies can be ordered online or by emailing email@example.com. We will be in touch to ask if you would like to make your subscription permanent.
- I only like red wines, can I swap out the whites in the case?
Yes, talk to us about arranging a bespoke subscription – firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long does everyone get 10% discount for, ie if I only get one case or take a break from the subscription?
You need to order at least once per month for the duration of six months for the perks to apply. After receiving regular Office Supplies for a minimum of six months you may pause your subscription for a maximum of two months before your perks will cease to apply.
- Can I get a case every other month and how does this affect the perks?
No. Office Supplies must be ordered at least once per month to benefit from the perks. If you’d like to receive a regular subscription of wine or beer on a less regular basis, Borough Wines is able to make you a bespoke offer; but this will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- How do I cancel my subscription and how much notice do I have to give?
You can cancel or pause your Office Supplies subscription by emailing email@example.com as outlined by Clause 9 in our Terms & Conditions.
We will send you a reminder email before we ship each month’s order. This gives you 5 working days to cancel your upcoming order. If we don’t receive a response to this reminder email we assume that you are happy to go ahead, and will debit your account the agreed amount.
- Can I request to pay via invoice instead of by card?
We will send you a pro-forma invoice with our reminder email and in certain cases will accept bank transfers and other forms of payment. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.