We source wines from around the world, transport it in bulk to minimise environmental impact and put it into kegs at our specialised east London facility.
Stored in keg, this wine stays perfectly fresh and flavourful, while the tap technology delivers a consistent, high quality serve, from the first, to the final glass (and all 190 glasses in between!).
Borough Wines is approved by the Sustainable Restaurant Association and our wine on tap system can be found in restaurants, bars and venues across the UK.
The benefits of wine on tap
Wine on tap is much more environmentally friendly than serving by the bottle and has many business benefits too:
Better for the planet
- Each 24l keg = 32 bottles (75cl), saving 16kg of glass from being produced and disposed of
- Less packaging and reduced transport requirements mean a smaller carbon footprint
- Our unique keg collection and refill service means each keg is reused again and again
Better for the wine
- Kegs keep wine fresh and in perfect condition – no cork taint, no oxidation, no flat fizz
- Wine served at the ideal temperature
- Consistency – wine quality maintained from the first to last pour
Better for business
- Better margins
- No more wasted wine
- Speeds up service
- Offers a striking point of difference
- Ease of use and simplified logistics
Better for the customer
- Lower production costs mean smaller overheads and better value for money
- Flexibility to buy by the glass, carafe or bottle
- Better choice and better wine
Installing wine on tap
Wine on tap systems are compact and flexible, easy to maintain and operate. The Borough Wines cellar tech team can advise on the best setup for your business. Get in touch to discuss your requirements and arrange a site survey.