Bottled while still undergoing fermentation and traditionally at a lower pressure than other sparkling wines, Pétillant Naturel wines (aka Pét Nats) are relatively low in alcohol with a lovely light spritz. Delicate, dry and just a little bit wild, it’s excellent as an aperitif or with hors d’oeuvres.
- Weight: 1 kg
- Region: France
- Sub Region: South West France
- Style: Sparkling
- Blend: Chenin Blanc & Sauvignon Blanc
- Grapes: Chenin Blanc.
- Alcohol: 11
- Producer Infomation: A collaboration between Borough Wines & Beers founder Muriel Chatel and Master of Wine Liam Steevenson, Maison 54 is the home of limited edition wines, exclusive releases and bespoke blends.
- Tasting Note: Dry, bright and fruity with refreshing notes of zesty gooseberry and lime and just a hint of white blossom. Serve on its own or alongside interesting hors d'oeuvres.
- Price Range: Above £15
- As recommended in: Foodism Magazine (May 2018), Stylist Magazine (July 2018), Mr Porter (August 2018), The Guardian (September 2018)